My experience at the Lagos Makeup Fair.
The just concluded lagos Makeup Fair was an amazing experience for me as a makeup enthusiast. It was a two day event which took place on the 16th -17th of june, 2017 at the Classique Events place, Oregun.This year's fair was said to be the 28th edition....... such amazing consistency.
I arrived the makeup fair with my entire account balance in cash (avoiding atm wahala) feeling like i was going to buy the entire building. In 30minutes, i had blown through my cash, and i had just a little nylon to show for it. Makeup is expensive!
My first point of call was the mymakeupng stall (instagram handle). The hospitality was topnotch. The attendant opened a bottle of wine for moi and treated me to cup cakes. I ended up spending 50percent of my money there o(fine wine). I can however say for a fact that they stock up quality products that are scarce to find like skindinavia primer, skindinavia setting spray, black opal stick foundation, joeur lip toppers ,elf brushes (original) etc.
I visited other stands like dhoopy-dhoopy who had more than enough attendants to deal with clients. If you are looking to buy very affordable makeup products like classic, L.A girl, kleancolor etc,Contact them.
The Makeup revolution stand was also a noteable point of call where i purchased my Rose gold 2 pallette. (I got a lipstick for that) . The only short end was that they ran out of stock way too quickly. Another stand i visited was the Zaron makeup stand, i was eager buy their products so i could see if they were really worth their bark.
I however need to share my disappointments with the fair. Major brands were like MAC products, BlackUp, Maybelline, BMpro, L.A girl were noticeably absent at the fair (considering the acceptance of this brands in Nigeria at the moment).it was basically a retailers affair. Also, people trying to pay with POS terminal weren't so lucky. And the nearest ATM wasn't so dependable.
That being said, the highlight of the event was the makeup runway which was anchored by Oni-gele himself. Members of the audiences were called upon to replicate some of his creations. Great competitive spirit,artistic results and winners were rewarded.
I need to mention @eyesomeglitters , their stand was all sparkle. When i try out my glitters, you will hear from me. @beautyessentialsbysure , the only stand that sold capes and alcohol spray(correct me if am wrong). Also, Debby Luster brand was great, unfortunately i had already blown through my cash before i found them. I tried on their liquid lipsticks, amazing quality. Hopefully i will be a distributor soon.
In all, kudos to the organisers of the event, there was order, the environment was conducive, so much to buy, "makeup celebrities"......the fair was a success. I am looking forward to the Christmas Edition. Hopefully, major makeup brands & artists would support forthcoming events, more vendors and definitely more buyers. Watch this space for reviews of different products i bought from the fair. You'll be the first to know when i try them on.
All pictures courtesy instagram
I arrived the makeup fair with my entire account balance in cash (avoiding atm wahala) feeling like i was going to buy the entire building. In 30minutes, i had blown through my cash, and i had just a little nylon to show for it. Makeup is expensive!
My first point of call was the mymakeupng stall (instagram handle). The hospitality was topnotch. The attendant opened a bottle of wine for moi and treated me to cup cakes. I ended up spending 50percent of my money there o(fine wine). I can however say for a fact that they stock up quality products that are scarce to find like skindinavia primer, skindinavia setting spray, black opal stick foundation, joeur lip toppers ,elf brushes (original) etc.
I visited other stands like dhoopy-dhoopy who had more than enough attendants to deal with clients. If you are looking to buy very affordable makeup products like classic, L.A girl, kleancolor etc,Contact them.
The Makeup revolution stand was also a noteable point of call where i purchased my Rose gold 2 pallette. (I got a lipstick for that) . The only short end was that they ran out of stock way too quickly. Another stand i visited was the Zaron makeup stand, i was eager buy their products so i could see if they were really worth their bark.
I however need to share my disappointments with the fair. Major brands were like MAC products, BlackUp, Maybelline, BMpro, L.A girl were noticeably absent at the fair (considering the acceptance of this brands in Nigeria at the moment).it was basically a retailers affair. Also, people trying to pay with POS terminal weren't so lucky. And the nearest ATM wasn't so dependable.
![]() |
| Tolu Oni gele |
I need to mention @eyesomeglitters , their stand was all sparkle. When i try out my glitters, you will hear from me. @beautyessentialsbysure , the only stand that sold capes and alcohol spray(correct me if am wrong). Also, Debby Luster brand was great, unfortunately i had already blown through my cash before i found them. I tried on their liquid lipsticks, amazing quality. Hopefully i will be a distributor soon.
In all, kudos to the organisers of the event, there was order, the environment was conducive, so much to buy, "makeup celebrities"......the fair was a success. I am looking forward to the Christmas Edition. Hopefully, major makeup brands & artists would support forthcoming events, more vendors and definitely more buyers. Watch this space for reviews of different products i bought from the fair. You'll be the first to know when i try them on.
All pictures courtesy instagram




Comments